At the Magento Imagine 2014 conference, eBay announced that they will release a beta version of the much anticipated, Magento 2. Additionally, the Community Edition was also upgraded to v 1.9. We share with you the key features of Magento 2 as revealed at Imagine 2014.
Besides having several new features, Magento 2 will also change some of the core methods and functionality, and improve the performance and scalability of the Community and Enterprise editions.
About Magento 2
The advanced features of Magento 2 will empower Magento Development Service providers to facilitate their clients with functionalities like:
- Enhanced Performance of the Store
With Magento 2, store owners can expect their store to perform 20% faster than the current Magento 1.x versions.
- Improved Store Management and Administration
Magento 2 is aimed at easing up the store administration and management for merchants. It is expected that this latest version will:
- Improve the menus and navigation of the admin panel
- Reduce the time of creating masses of products
- Ease up the process of managing tax rules/ rates
- Make the admin panel even more intuitive
- Smooth Store Operations with Multiple Extensions
Store owners who faced problem while running their Magento store with multiple extensions can get rid of this problem with Magento 2.
- Visual Design Editor
The Visual Design Editor in Magento 2 empowers store owners to edit the layout of the pages and blocks within their Magento store via a drag and drop interface. It represents the stores’ pages and pages types as the collection of block elements.
- Other Functionalities
- Magento 2 comes with a Responsive theme
- High-end Automated Testing Functionality
- Ease of migrating and upgrading versions
- Improved Multi-language Support and Scalability
- Improved APIs for extended core functionality
- Improved Product Documentation
While the Beta version of Magento 2 is slated for a December 2014 release, the launch of the First Release Candidate is expected in March 2015.