At the Magento Imagine 2014 conference, eBay announced that they will release a beta version of the much anticipated, Magento 2. Additionally, the Community Edition was also upgraded to v 1.9. We share with you the key features of Magento 2 as revealed at Imagine 2014.
Besides having several new features, Magento 2 will also change some of the core methods and functionality, and improve the performance and scalability of the Community and Enterprise editions.
About Magento 2
The advanced features of Magento 2 will empower Magento Development Service providers to facilitate their clients with functionalities like:
- Enhanced Performance of the Store
With Magento 2, store owners can expect their store to perform 20% faster than the current Magento 1.x versions.
- Improved Store Management and Administration
Magento 2 is aimed at easing up the store administration and management for merchants. It is expected that this latest version will:
- Improve the menus and navigation of the admin panel
- Reduce the time of creating masses of products
- Ease up the process of managing tax rules/ rates
- Make the admin panel even more intuitive
- Smooth Store Operations with Multiple Extensions
Store owners who faced problem while running their Magento store with multiple extensions can get rid of this problem with Magento 2.
- Visual Design Editor
The Visual Design Editor in Magento 2 empowers store owners to edit the layout of the pages and blocks within their Magento store via a drag and drop interface. It represents the stores’ pages and pages types as the collection of block elements.
- Other Functionalities
- Magento 2 comes with a Responsive theme
- High-end Automated Testing Functionality
- Ease of migrating and upgrading versions
- Improved Multi-language Support and Scalability
- Improved APIs for extended core functionality
- Improved Product Documentation
While the Beta version of Magento 2 is slated for a December 2014 release, the launch of the First Release Candidate is expected in March 2015.
Like you, we’re also eagerly waiting for Magento 2’s Beta version. Till then, for migration or development of your existing Magento stores on Community Edition 1.9, kindly get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.